In Virginia's Medicaid Managed Care program, you are a member of a Managed Care Organization (MCO). An MCO is a health plan with a group of doctors and other providers working together to give health services to its members. Your MCO will cover all Medicaid services you get now, including medical services, behavioral health services, and long-term services and supports. All MCOs meet Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements.
Your MCO can help you choose doctors, get rides to doctor visits, and get other medically necessary services. MCOs can help you learn about health topics such as diabetes or asthma.
If you have questions:
- For medical questions, call your MCO and ask to speak to a nurse.
- For other questions, call your MCO member services number. The phone number is on this website and on your MCO card.
Your MCO offers these well care programs to help you and your family stay healthy:
- Annual wellness exams for adults
- Services for pregnant women and new babies
- Well child checkups for children and teens